What are the benefits of a Business Partnership?
Benefits are as many and varied as the partnerships themselves.
From the business perspective:
- Enhanced business image in the community
- Increased recognition and support for efforts put forth on behalf of students
- Opportunities for employees to share time and talents in meaningful ways, while working with students and staff
- Promotion of skill development, thus reducing the level of on-the-job training needed for workers/employees
- Opportunity to share relevant business practices that pertain to students
- Unique ability to influence students’ career decisions
From the school and student perspective:
- Increased awareness of business world best practices
- Provision of resources and ideas aligned to the curriculum
- Promotion of successful role models for students
- Establishment of additional motivation for students to achieve academically
- Enhanced exposure to career opportunities
How can Business Partners have a direct impact on learning?
There are several ways that businesses can get involved both in and outside of the classroom.
From providing students with valuable information about career opportunities to teaching about workplace expectations, Business Partners can make a true impact in the lives of future workers.
Partners can provide critical services such as job shadowing, student internships, mentoring and teacher externships.
How much of a commitment is required from our Business Partners?
Every Business Partnership is unique. Your level of commitment is equal to the amount of time you would like to contribute.
Please use this Partnership Planning Form to brainstorm possible goals of your particular partnership.
Contact Melea Smith, Director of Communications/Community Relations, at 630-993-8863 or email@example.com for more information.